Defamation Solicitors Cork, Midleton and Dublin, Ireland
At Walsh and Partners Solicitors LLP, defamation solicitors Cork, Midleton and Dublin, Ireland, we understand that your reputation is paramount and that the destruction of this hard won reputation can be carelessly destroyed by another with the publication of just one false statement. When defamation occurs, it can have devastating personal consequences as well as far reaching implications for your career, family and business. We want to assure you that there are options available to you through the correct legal channels, options that will allow you to repair this damage and provide you with adequate compensation for any harm caused.
Defamation Law Solicitors, Cork and Midleton, Ireland
If you have found yourself in a situation where a false allegation has been made about you as an individual or as a business entity, we are here to provide you with the legal assistance you need. Your reputation is a very personal thing, and we recognise that false statements can cause great distress to you and those around you.
Defamation can be classed in two separate categories, libel and slander. Libel is the publication of a permanent statement, either written or verbal and can appear in print publications such as newspapers or websites or in broadcast media such as radio, television or podcasts. Slander refers to non-permanent statements, generally restricted to the spoken word or gestures, which are by their very nature fleeting or temporary.
To establish that defamation has occurred, we must first identify the following:
- Has the false statement identified you as an individual? This does not necessarily mean that you have to be named in the statement, but that it is clear to the reader/listener that the subject of the statement is you or your business.
- Has the statement been published? When we refer to publication in this instance, we are speaking about communication of the statement to another. Whether this is through publication in the media, via email or through verbal communication to another individual, publication must be established for defamation to be considered valid.
- Has harm been caused? Have you suffered or are you likely to suffer in light of this defamatory statement?
Online Reputation Lawyer, Cork and Midleton, Ireland
Walsh and Partners Solicitors LLP are committed to providing you with the very best level of service from the moment you first make contact. It is our goal to ensure you are represented to the very highest standards and we will work tirelessly to ensure your reputation is restored and reparations made for any harm you have suffered.
We will always seek to secure a solid, sincere apology from the defendant and have a statement of correction published to ensure your good reputation is left in no doubt. As with all negotiations, we will first attempt to pursue your claim in a pre-court settlement, however where this is not possible, we stand fully prepared to represent your best interests through the court process.
Walsh and Partners Solicitors LLP can assist in the following areas of defamation law:
- Pre and post-publication advice.
- The initiation of defamation proceedings.
- Negotiations on your behalf with the defendant.
- Dispute resolution.
- Defamation litigation.
Slander and Defamation Lawyers and Solicitors, Cork and Midleton, Ireland
If you feel you have suffered reputational damage due to the false statement of another, please get in touch with the team here at Walsh and Partners Solicitors LLP. We are ready to talk you through the options available and provide you with the legal assistance you need to fully restore your reputation.