Book: Farming and the Law by Karen Walsh
For the first time in over a decade, Ireland has a new publication that specifically deals with the many legal issues that can arise in the farming sector.
This informative book has been written in a way that is refreshingly understandable for lay people, as well as being an excellent reference resource for those in the legal sector. Solicitors and agricultural law practices across Ireland can greatly benefit from this publication when imparting advice to their clients.
The contents of this book include but are not limited to include:
- An Overview of Property Law
- Why Defending your Dwelling is Important
- Occupants Liability
- Transferring the Farm within your Family
- Understanding Wills, Administering an Estate and an overview of Enduring Powers of Attorney,
- Leasing your Land
- Renewable Energy, Wind Farms and Solar Farms
- The Law and your Animals
- Understanding the Law surrounding Shrubs, Trees, Hedges, Drainage and Public Roads on your Property
- Exploring the Intricacies of Collaborative Farming
- The Farm and Family Law
- Exploring Planning Law in Ireland
- Employment Law for Agriculture
- Managing Health and Safety on your Farm.
When landowners and farmers are familiar with the laws that pertain to them, it allows them to make decisions that are both well informed and effective.
Author Karen Walsh is the Principal at Walsh and Partners Solicitors LLP in Cork and Dublin and is an expert in the field of Farming Law in Ireland.