At Walsh & Partners we act for and advise both employers and employees.
Running a business presents employers with a great number of day to day employee-related considerations. Mismanagement of an employment or industrial relations issue can be potentially damaging and costly to an employer and their business. It is our experience that potential problems with employees can often be avoided with the right advice about precautionary steps. If a dispute does escalate, we will move quickly to resolve it as we are very conscious of acting fast and keeping costs to a minimum.
We work closely with clients ensuring that they are kept up to date on the latest developments in Irish employment law and we are on hand to assist clients with long-term planning or any ad-hoc staff-related issues.
We have also represented many employees before the Rights Commissioner, Employment Appeals Tribunal and Labour Court in relation to all types of disputes with employers.
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to the following:
- Employment Contracts, Procedures and Policies
- Equality/Discrimination Issues
- Employment Termination, Unfair Dismissal and Redundancy
- Employee’s Rights and Duties
- Employer’s Rights and Duties
- Workplace Policy Documents on Discipline, Bullying, Sick Leave, etc.
- Maternity Entitlements/Dispute
- Health and Safety Compliance
- Employee Incentive Programs and Share Options
- Subcontracting and Outsourcing
- Grievance Procedures, Bullying and Workplace Stress
- Representation at Rights Commissioner Hearings, Employment Appeal Tribunal Hearings, Equality Tribunals, Labour Court and before all courts
- Entitlements to Maternity Leave, Parental Leave, Adoptive Leave etc.
- Injury at work/Employers Liability